•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Email scams - Requests for assistance etc
Another floating fund. Rolleyes

Quote:From: Michael Convoy
Santander Bank, UK
Dear: Friend,

I am Mr. Michael Convoy, the Auditor General, Santander Bank, UK. In the course of my
auditing, I discovered a floating fund in an account, which was opened in 1990 at Abbey
National Bank before it was bought over by Santander Group of which I am the auditor,
belonging to a dead foreigner who died in 1999. Every effort made to track any member of
his family or next of kin has since failed; hence I got in contact with you to stand as his
next of kin since you bear the same last name. He died leaving no heir or a will.

My intention is to transfer this sum of $5.5M in the aforementioned account to a safe
account overseas. I am therefore proposing that you quietly partner with me and provide an
account or set up a new one that will serve the purpose of receiving this fund. For your
assistance in this venture, I am ready to part with a good percentage of the entire funds.
We will share the funds in the proportion of 40% for you, 40% for me and 20% donated to
Charitable Organizations. After going through the deceased person's records and files, I
discovered that:

(1) No one has operated this account since 1999
(2) He died without an heir; hence the money has been floating.
(3) No other person knows about this account and there was no known beneficiary.

If I do not remit this money urgently, it would be forfeited and subsequently converted to
company's funds, which will benefit only the directors of my firm. This money can be
approved to you legally as with all the necessary documentary approvals in your name.

However, you would be required to show some proof of claim, which I will provide you with
and also guide you on how to make your applications.

Please do give me a reply so that I can send you detailed information on the modalities of
my proposition. I completely trust you to keep this proposition absolutely confidential.
I look forward to your prompt response.

Best Regards,
Mr. Michael Convoy
Auditor General,
Santander Bank
The FBI just keep on writing to me! Rolleyes

Quote:ROBERT MUELLER III
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI.WASHINGTON DC.

Dear: Beneficiary.

We hope this notification arrives meeting you in good health and sound mind. We the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) Washington, DC in conjunction with some other relevant investigation agencies here in the United STATES of America have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you have an over-due payment in tone of USD$10.3Million with Citibank Canary Wharf, London which was fully endorsed in your favor accordingly by the UNITED NATIONS.

It might interest you to know that we have taken our time in screening through this project as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have finally confirmed that your payment/transaction with Citibank is 100% genuine and hitch free from all facets and of which you have the lawful right to claim your fund without any further delay. Having said all this, we will further advise that you go ahead in dealing with the Citibank Canary Wharf, London accordingly as we will be monitoring all their activities with you as well as your correspondence at all levels.

NOTE: There are numerous scam emails on the internet, imposters impersonating names and images. We therefore warn our dear citizens to be very careful with any claim email you receive prior to these irregularities so that they do not fall victim to this ugly circumstance anymore. And should in case you are already dealing with anybody or office claiming that you have a payment with them, you are to STOP further contact with them immediately in your best interest and contact the real bank (Citibank) only where your fund is laying, with the below information:

Bank Name: Citibank
Address: [Citigroup Centre] 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LB.
Attn: Michael Louis Corbat
(Remittance Director)
E-mail: citigroup19@london.com

Contact the bank today and furnish them with this information below for processing of your payment/funds accordingly.

FULL NAME:
CURRENT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

NOTE: In your best interest, any message that does not come from the above email address with phone number should be nullified and avoided immediately for security reasons. Meanwhile, we will advise that you contact the Citibank office in Canary Wharf, London immediately with the above email address and request that they attend to your payment file as directed so as to enable you receive your payment/fund accordingly.

Ensure you follow all directives from Citibank as this will further help hasten up the whole payment process in regards to the transfer of your fund to you as designated. Also have in mind that the Citibank equally has their own protocol of operation as stipulated on their banking terms. All modalities has already been worked out before you were contacted and note that we will be monitoring all your dealings with them as you proceed so you don't have anything to worry about. All we require from you henceforth is an update so as to enable us be on track with you and the Citibank. Without wasting much time, we will want you to contact them immediately with the above email address and phone number so as to enable them attend to your case accordingly without any further delay as time is already running out.

Should in case you need any more information in regards to this notification, feel free to get back to us via email so that we can brief you more as we are here to guide you during and after this project has been completely perfected and you have received your payment/fund as stated.

Thank you very much for your anticipated co-operation.

BEST REGARDS,
Robert S. Mueller III
Federal Bureau of Investigation.
J. Edgar Hoover Building
601,4th Street,
935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C.
USA
Another one that goes on quite a lot. Rolleyes

Quote:From the Desk Of:
Dr. Rev John Obina
Int’l. Wire Transfer/Telex Department,
Central Bank Of Nigeria,(CBN)

Honestly after a serious thought, I have decided to personally reach you directly because I do not have anything against you, but your so called representatives working with you to realize the remittance of your payment. However, have you ever wondered why you have been going this vicious circle over the past years with respect to having your fund paid to you without any success? It is possible that you were informed that your payment was brought to me for finalization, neither were you informed that I am the person frustrating every move to get your fund remitted to your local bank account in your country, I can assure you that this yetanother deceit on the part of your representative(s).Well, like I said earlier to you, I have nothing against you or your payment but I’m only trying to protect my interest also. I do not want to mention names here, but am certain you are aware of whom I am referring to having not received your fund.

I am the Director, International Wire Transfer/Telex Department,Central Bank of Nigeria, the apex bank in Nigeria. Some time in the past a representative of yours approached me through a friend of mine who works with one of the Government Ministries here and requested that I assist him conclude a money transfer deal having you as the beneficiary and we all agreed.According to him, he wanted to use this strategy to transfer a huge amount of US Dollars by presenting your name as“Beneficiary” whose fund has not been paid.

Although we agreed that once I did that, he would give me 20% of the total fund and he will equally give me your contact information before I release the fund to your account. When he saw that I have programmed your fund for onward transfer and your name has been approved among the list of those to be paid as instead of him letting me have your contact information to enable me regulate the transfer of funds and confirm when it arrive in your account to enable me send to you my private account details for my share of the 20% as was agreed previously, what he does was to start avoiding me and which thereafter,resorted to threats,because of that,I immediately deleted your payment initializing code (PIC) from the list of those to be paid, and this made it very IMPOSSIBLE for the transfer to be completed to your account.

However, he your local representative became very angry when he came to discovered i was smarter than his plots could not work out as he wrongly wished. What he did was to start looking for other means of trying to bribe other junior officers to see how they could assist him secure approval to enable them transfer the money to you but all their efforts was to NO avail. Is it not so funny my good friend, that you as a beneficiary is being asked to pay several statutory fees over and over without your fund being transfered to you as well expected. Well, your fund is right here with us and am 100% responsible for the delay and obstructions of completing the transfer of funds to your account because of the breach of the gentleman agreement between me and your representative. If you doubt what I have just told you now, then go ahead and pay any amount he may oblige you pay and thereafter, he will subject you into another form of tax payment and it goes on and on WITHOUT SUCCESS. I did not reveal the payment initi untrusted representative.

AND AGAIN BEAR IN MIND YOUR PAYMENT IS NOT IN ANY OFFSHORE PAYMENT CENTER FOR NOW and YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT FROM ANY OFFSHORE CENTERS FOR NOW AS FOLLOWS LONDON, SPAIN, HOLLAND, DUBAI, not even the United States of America or anywhere outside Nigeria BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY MAY HAVE TOLD YOU. Now if you want us (you & I) to work together for me to conclude the remittance to your account, these are my conditions.

(I). You must keep my information to you in this correspondence highly secret because I don't want to get involve with he,your local representative again in my life and I will have 10% of the money if successfully transfere to your local bank account because it is only two of us in connection to logical remittance of the fund to you.

(ii). You MUST assure me that you will not betray me at last and my own share will be safe until when I will redirect you to lodged my part of the fund into an account that i will forward to you.

(iii) As you have seen, it will be useless and mere waste of money if you continue with your local representative and i can assure you that with trust and confidence we will conclude the transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality if you wish to adhere to my directives and instructions. If these conditions are acceptable to you, contact me as soon as possible to let us finalize all the arrangement and conclude the remittance of the fund to you immediately without any other delay attached.

I will give you more important details once I hear from you based on if you promise to keep away from your local representative and handle this matter with utmost confidentiality because I want to transfer the money without the knowledge of any other officer of the bank or even without the knowledge of your local representative .

May the peace of our Jesus Christ be upon you.

Faithfully Yours In Him.
Dr. Rev. John Obina
Int’l. Wire Transfer/Telex Department,
Central Bank of Nigeria
ATTN.,

After waiting and no response was heard, I deposited and also paid for
the delivery fee of your $1.5,000 000.00 Million US Dollars, as
consignment box to FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY.

I would be gone on a visit to a friend and will not come back till
Dec,2013. I will want you to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY
COMPANY to know when they will be delivering your consignment. I have
paid for the delivery charges and also the insurance fee,the only fee
you will have to pay them is the monthly demurrage fee which they would
pay the security department that are guarding your consignment since
the date of deposit. But if you will be very fast in contacting them,
you will be charged only one month demurrage fee which will
cost only $58 USD. So i urge you to contact them as soon as you receive
this email.

CONTACT: Mr. Paul A.Rogers MANAGER, FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY.

Try to contact him as soon as possible to avoid increase in demurrage
fee. I gave them your delivery address but you have to reconfirm it to
them again to avoid any mistakes in the delivery of your fund.

Reconfirm below information to the company.

Your Full Name-----------------------
Your Address-------------------------
Home Telephone-----------------------
Office Telephone---------------------

Note: You are to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY MANAGER
via this email:-- ( pprogers@superposta.com ) Finally indicate this
code: GM0081 when contacting them, it will identify that you are the
owner of the $1.500.000.00 consignment trunk box deposited in the
company. Do let me know as soon as you receive your consignment and
take a proper account of the content, and see that it
contains $1.500.000.00

Regards,
Dr. Charles Okoye
Another one that goes on quite a bit. Rolleyes

Quote:Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.

Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc
Customers Service Hours / Monday To Saturday
Office Hours Monday to Saturday:

Dear Beneficiary,

Series of meetings have been held over the past 7 months with the secretary general of the United Nations Organization. This ended 3 days ago. It is obvious that you have not received your fund which is to the tune of $2,500,000.00 due to past corrupt governmental Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their selfish reason and some individuals who have taken advantage of your fund all in an attempt to swindle your fund which has led to so many losses from your end and unnecessary delay in the receipt of your fund.

The National Central Bureau of Interpol enhanced by the United Nations and Federal Bureau of Investigation have successfully passed a mandate to the current president of Nigeria his Excellency President Good luck Jonathan to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other individuals and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Contract Sum, Lottery/Gambling, Inheritance and the likes. Now how would you like to receive your payment? Because we have two method of payment which is by Check or by ATM card?

ATM Card: We will be issuing you a custom pin based ATM card which you will use
to withdraw up to $3,000 per day from any ATM machine that has the Master Card
Logo on it and the card have to be renewed in 4 years time which is 2016. Also
with the ATM card you will be able to transfer your funds to your local bank account. The ATM card comes with a handbook or manual to enlighten you about how to use it. Even if you do not have a bank account.

Check: To be deposited in your bank for it to be cleared within three working
days. Your payment would be sent to you via any of your preferred option and
would be mailed to you via FedEx. Because we have signed a contract with FedEx which
should expire by July 8th 2012 you will only need to pay $155 instead of $440
saving you $285 So if you pay before July 8th 2012 you save $285 Take note that
anyone asking you for some kind of money above the usual fee is definitely a
fraudsters and you will have to stop communication with every other person if
you have been in contact with any. Also remember that all you will ever have to
spend is $155.00 nothing more! Nothing less! And we guarantee the receipt of
your fund to be successfully delivered to you within the next 24hrs after the
receipt of payment has been confirmed.

Below are few list of tracking numbers you can track from FedEx website to confirm
people like you who have received their payment successfully.

Name: GARCIA .E: FEDEX Tracking Number: 875785927180 (www.fedex.com)
Name: BELINDA DAVIS:FEDEX T racking Number: 876555810411(www.fedex.com)

Note: Everything has been taken care of by the Federal Government of Nigeria,
The United Nation and also the FBI and including taxes, custom paper and
clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $155.

DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU READ THIS: The actual fees for shippingyour ATM card is $440 but because FedEx have temporarily discontinued the C.O.D
which gives you the chance to pay when package is delivered for international
shipping We had to sign contract with them for bulk shipping which makes the
fees reduce from the actual fee of $440 to $155 nothing more and no hidden fees
of any sort!

To effect the release of your fund valued at $2,500,000.00 you are advised to
contact our correspondent in Africa the delivery officer Mr. JOHN WILL with
the information below,

Your full Name............
Your Address:..............
Home/Cell Phone:..............
Preferred Payment Method (ATM / Cashier Check)

Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is
sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving
you a 100% money back guarantee.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Cassandra Chandler
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to
be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact
with Mr JOHN WILL of the ATM CARD CENTRE who is the rightful person to deal
with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from
impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.
THE BRITISH FINANCE MONITORING UNIT
8th floor ellerman house,12-20 camomile street,
ec3a 7jp, United kingdom.
LONDON, ENGLAND.

From the Desk Of Mr. Peter Marriot.
Office Of The Director,
British Finance Monitoring Unit.
London, England.

Attention:

Be inform that it has come to our notice that a huge sum of money has been
credited in your name for transfer and is currently floating in the
international banking community.
Under the stipulated Law of the Government of Great Britain and other
member countries of the United Nations, any huge amount of money that has
been found in the international computer data system waiting to be
transferred without claims for a period of 6 months or less, shall be
confiscated and forfeited to the United Nations account .
We do hereby ask you to contact this office immediately for ratification
within the 3 days of this notice by forwarding to us all your current
information including your direct telephone number and postal address
where your original payment release documents will be send to you in order
for us to confirm your personal receipt of this fund or consider your fund
confiscated.
Be informed that as soon as we receive your current data then we will
endorse with the legal preparation of your payment release documents and
immediately instruct our authorized Bank of International Settlement (BIS)
to release your funds by forwarding your file to them for immediate
payment consideration.

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
SEX:

TEL / MOBILE: +:-------------------------------------------------------------------

I....................................................hereby declare that the
above DATA are true, and in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

We appreciate your urgent co-operation. OFFICIAL USE ONLY BY THIS OFFICE (BFMU)

Verified by: ------------------------------ Confirmed
by:------------------------------
Yours Faithfully,
Mr. Peter Marroit
The Director
British Finance Monitoring Unit.
ATTENTION:My Dear Friend,

I am BRIGADIER GENERAL NANA TENNYSON of the Presidential Special
Initiative. I am mailing you in respect of the present development going on
here in my country GHANA. I decided to contact you after much investigation
which was carried out by the Bureau of National Investigation (BNI) and the
Ghana Police Service, to make sure our country is free of these fraudulent
activities which is going on here in Africa and for our country to bear a
good name.

The Airport Authority detected that the boxes contains funds on your name and
email that has been tempered on, were been smuggled into the country by
foreign Personnel who were on transit from London. These men were trying to
enter the country with the trunk boxes, when the airport authority detected
that these boxes contains some huge amount of United State Dollars. After
much investigation we found out that these men were among those spoiling the
good name of Africa.

They opened up to us that, they actually work with a Banking Financial
Organization before their dismissal and used the opportunity to perpetuate
their crimes, they told us that the funds inside the boxes was be transferred
to you, but now they planned to turn back on you and decided to take the
money all to themselves out of the country. We later found out on the
investigation that was carried out, these men are truly members of a well
established organization to act on their criminal activities.

As I write you this mail now, the three(3) men that were caught are now in
the custody of the Ghana Police Service over here in our country Ghana, while
we are trying to track the others left, because they have proved to us that
they belong to one organization. That is why we have to reach you by your
mail address and name that was tagged the boxes, so we can make the
arrangement on delivery of the recovered boxes by a United Nation Diplomatic
Personnel.

Your response will be very much appreciated as soon as you have received this
email.

Please in your reply include your
A: FULL NAMES
B: ADDRESS
C: DIRECT CONTACT PHONE NUMBER
D: SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR ANY RELEVANT IDENTIFICATION
PASSPORT.
E: SEX/AGE AND COUNTRY.

As this information will be required, by the authorities in Ghana to draft
the new change of ownership in your name as the rightful owner of the funds
in our custody and also to verify the information given to us because the
documentations covering the boxes have been tampered on.

Regards,

Brigadier General Nana Tennyson.
From the office of barrister Jonas Cocoty
Legal Practitioner, Solicitors,
Advocates and Legal Consultant
Of The Supreme Court
205 Spintex road Accra
Ghana West-Africa

Hello Dear,

Before I proceed I must first apologize for this unsolicited mail to you, I am aware that this is certainly an unconventional approach to start a relationship, but as time goes on you will realize the need for my action.

I am Barrister Jonas Cocoty, a legal practitioner, and the personal attorney to late Mr. George Wood, a national Of your country, who used to work with a Gold Mining Company here in Accra Ghana, he used to be my client. On the 21st October, 2008, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along Kumasi express Road here in Ghana.
All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy here to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, to locate any member of his family but know were to fine his family members. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$12.5 million left behind by my late client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Ltd where this huge amount were deposited.
The said Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana has issued me a notice letter to provide the next of kin to my late client or have his account confiscated within the next twenty one (21) working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 3years now, I seek the consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased , so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to your account.

I have all necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up for claim. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.
I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

I wait for your urgent response.
Best Regards,
Jonas Cocoty, Esq
My Name is Salim Fadi, Libyan and coordinator of national leadership council under late leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Al-Gaddafi.

The opposition group referred to as Rebel group eager for a democratic political reform demanded that late Colonel Muammar Muhammad Al-Gaddafi must resign and another democratic political leader elected as he had ruled the country for 42 years. His refusal to step down has lead to several months of wild destruction of life and properties in Libya, leaving every activity to be closed, you can see more reference in world daily news broadcast like CNN, BBC, Asian News, CNBC etc (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12480844). Because of the problem in my Country Libya, nothing is moving again as business places, Banks, Schools, hospitals and many other institutions were total out of place due to the previous war between Gaddafi forces and rebel forces, this is why I write to seek your consent and assistance to move and invest the sum of US$18.5 Million united states dollars with you in your country.This huge sum of money was money mapped out by late Colonel Gaddafi to my council to train and educate lead

You shall be entitle to 40% of the total amount while 60% is for me. Once the funds is in your custody, I will invest my share of the funds in a lucrative sector of your country's economy based on your recommendation.

If not interested, please delete this message and do not disclose to any third party.

I shall give you more details upon your response,willingness and readiness to handle this transaction.
Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Your truly,
Fadi Salim
In God we trust.

Dear Beneficiary,

I am Mr. John Anable. a computer scientist working with central bank of Nigeria. I just started work with C.B.N. and I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and but the fund was not released to you.

The most annoying thing is that they won't tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you, instead they allow you spend money unnecessarily, I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security.

I needed to do this because you need to know the statues of your Funds and cause for the delay, Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria, you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian. The only thing needed to release this fund is the Anti drug/terrorist clearance certificate which will be tendered to any of your nominated bank and the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE (IRS) for clearance of the transferred amount in your account.

Once the Anti drug /terrorist clearance certificate is obtained funds will immediately reflect in your bank within 10 Minutes, the certificate is all that is needed to complete this transaction. Note that the actual funds are valued at $15.5 MILLION USD and the president made a compensation fund release for all unpaid beneficiary valued at $10 million usd.

Do get in touch with me immediately. to conclude this final transaction immediately, and also send to me your convenient tel/fax numbers for easy communications.
Regards,

Mr. John Anable

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next