TV Girls Babe Shows Forum
Boxing - Printable Version

+- TV Girls Babe Shows Forum (https://www.adultchannels.uk)
+-- Forum: Remainin' Ledgers (https://www.adultchannels.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Other Subjects (https://www.adultchannels.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Boxing (/showthread.php?tid=541)

Pages: 1 2

Boxing - victor - 05-05-2012

Manny Pacquiao Returns To Primetime next month! On 12 November 2011 Primetime broadcast one of the most controversial boxing events of the year. Manny Pacquiao controversially retained his WBO Welterweight title with a majority decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight many thought he lost. On the undercard Timothy Bradley would successfully defend his WBO Light Welterweight crown with a decisive victory over Joel Casamayor after a 10 month absence from the ring. Now on 9 June 2012 both fighters will return to Primetime to battle it out from the MGM Grand Garden arena as legendary promoter Bob Arum pits arguably his best two fighters against each other in an epic duel.

Manny Pacquiao will be looking to reassert his dominance of the pound for pound rankings following what can only be described as a controversial victory last time out. In their trilogy fight, Marquez demonstrated an ability neutralise the attack of Pacquiao which resulted in the decision being met with boos by the crowd in the MGM. However further analysis of the fight showed Pacquiao landing the cleaner strikes – 176 to 138 - and the most power punches.

Timothy Bradley returned to the ring that same night having been out of the ring for nearly 10 months following a dispute with his previous promoter. However he displayed no signs of ring rust as he dismantled a Cuban legend in Joel Casamayor. Following Amir Khan’s loss to Lamont Peterson, a fighter Bradley had previously beaten, ‘Desert Storms’ position as the world’s number 1 Light Welterweight was confirmed. Now he steps up to Welterweight where Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr have long reigned supreme. Already ranked number 8 in the Ring Magazine pound for pound rankings, a win for Bradley would cement him as one of the world’s elite fighters.

Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley for the WBO Welterweight Title is available on Primetime for £14.95 by calling 08712004444, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu. The date is 9 June and it will be live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas.

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 05-05-2012

Preview of Pacquiao vs Bradley by Charlie McCann.

Manny Pacquiao defends his WBO Welterweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas next month against the unbeaten Timothy Bradley in one of the most eagerly awaited fights of the year.

There has been great debate in recent times as to who is the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet with most pundits and fight fans arguing about the respective merits of Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather who fights Miguel Cotto in Vegas on Saturday night.

All fight fans want to see the two get it on but Mayweather sensationally accused the “Paq Man” of taking drugs at a recent press conference, having made similar remarks back in 2009. Pacquiao has always strenuously denied the accusations but one wonders if the pair will ever meet in the ring especially when you consider Mayweather is due to start a 90-day prison sentence after the Cotto fight for attacking his ex-girlfriend.

That said money talks and if Pacquiao disposes of Bradley the clamouring for what might easily be the richest fight in history will reach fever pitch; but first the Paq Man must take care of the dangerous Bradley a fight you can see exclusively live on Primetime next month.

Anyone with a record of 28-0 must be respected but eight-division World Champion and boxing legend Pacquiao has been made 1/6 favourite with a draw 28/1 and a shock win for Bradley at 9/2.

That said the confident Bradley recently stated that he expects “an easy fight” suggesting the Filipino’s powers are very much on the wane; even that most ardent of Paq Man supporters trainer Freddie Roach could not have described his latest wins against Sugar Shane Mosley and Juan Manuel Marquez as impressive. Roach has gone on record as saying he wants (and expects) a knock out at the MGM and the Fighter of the Decade for the 2000s recently broke the nose of a Russian sparring partner.

The noises coming out of the camp suggest we will see a rejuvenated Filipino in June, but his critics will say we have heard it all before and the betting is 7/4 for Pacquiao to win by a KO or TKO and suggestions are that it is more likely to be a war of attrition won on points by the Paq Man at 10/11.

Bradley is 6/1 to win at the hands of the judges and 9/1 to stop the Champion; Pacquiao was almost down against the journeyman Antonio Margarito when the pair fought a couple of years ago but does Bradley have the firepower to hurt the Champ?

It promises to be a cracking contest; hope Floyd will be watching!

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 05-05-2012

Preview of Mayweather vs Cotto by Charlie McCann.

Floyd Mayweather puts his unbeaten record on the line against Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on Saturday night and for once “Money” Mayweather has not been trash-talking his opponent saving his expletives for the latest allegations of drug-taking by Manny Pacquiao as the latter prepares for his fight with Timothy Bradley next month.

Cotto has met with defeat twice in 39 fights and gained 30 of his 37 wins inside the distance; he has avenged one of those defeats against Antonio Margarito but one could argue that the one occasion he has fought at the very top table against Pacquaio in 2009 he came up short being stopped in the 12th Round of a one-sided contest and having hit the canvass in both rounds three and four.

That said Cotto holds decisions against Zab Judah and Shane Mosley and one could argue his odds of 4/1 are slightly disrespectful until you remember who the Puerto Rican is fighting is fighting.

Mayweather is 1/6 to win his 43rd professional fight, 8/11 to win on points and 7/4 to win by a Knock Out, TKO or disqualification. The draw is 28/1 with Cotto to win at the hands of the judges at 12/1 and by a KO, TKO or disqualification 13/2.

Both fighters have spent more than a decade at the top of their profession; Mayweather is the most naturally gifted boxer on the planet, but there was a new found confidence with Cotto against Margarito last time which many put down to the presence of Cuban team coach Pedro Diaz in his corner replacing Hall of Famer Emanuel Steward.

Cotto knows that history will currently say he was a very good champion; if he becomes the first man to defeat “Money” Mayweather since the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta he will be remembered as a great Champion.

Pacquaio v Mayweather is potentially for another day; make no mistake Miguel Cotto is not stepping into the ring just to pick up his $8million. The Puerto Rican is there to win.

Serafim Todorov was the little known Bulgarian who beat Mayweather in Atlanta in ’96; the odds suggest Cotto has a mountain to climb. I’m not convinced he isn’t capable of scaling the peak.

The Mayweather vs Cotto fight is scheduled for Saturday 5 May 2012 at 9:00 pm ET.

RE: Primetime Boxing - Vimalot - 06-05-2012

Report on Mayweather vs Cotto.

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. finally found himself in a real fight, complete with a bloody nose and an opponent in Miguel Cotto who never was going to quit. As usual, he found a way to win.

Mayweather used his speed and accuracy Saturday night to take a unanimous decision over a game Cotto in a bruising bout to win a piece of the 154-pound title. But it wasn't easy, as Cotto landed some hard punches and kept attacking all the way to the final bell. "You're a hell of a champion," Mayweather told Cotto in the ring afterward. "You're the toughest guy I ever fought."

Mayweather dominated late, rocking Cotto in the 12th round to pull out a win and remain unbeaten in 43 fights. Unlike most of his fights, though, Mayweather got his nose bloodied and engaged in some bruising exchanges he usually likes to avoid. Two judges scored the fight 117-111 and the third had it 118-110. ESPN.com had it 116-112 for Mayweather. The Associated Press had Mayweather winning 116-112.

Fighting just a few weeks before he enters a county jail to serve a three-month sentence for domestic abuse, Mayweather found himself in a tough fight against a game opponent who never stopped moving forward. But he was faster and more accurate than Cotto and seemed to wear him down in the final rounds. In the last round, Mayweather landed his best punch of the night, a left uppercut that seemed to hurt Cotto. He followed that with several flurries to the head to wrap up a decision that until the later rounds had been in doubt.

The decision was roundly booed by the crowd at the MGM Grand arena, which cheered wildly every time Cotto landed a punch. "He's a tough competitor," Mayweather said. "He came to fight; he didn't just come to survive. I dug down and fought him back." Cotto was never down, though he seemed hurt several times during the fight, particularly in the 12th round. "The judges said I lost the fight; I can't do anything else," Cotto said. "I'm happy with my fight and performance and so is my family. I can't ask for anything else."

Mayweather, who was guaranteed $32 million, was forced to fight every minute of all 12 rounds against the Puerto Rican champion. He did it after weighing in at 151 pounds, the heaviest he has been for a fight. The weight didn't seem to affect Mayweather, and neither did the heavier 10-ounce gloves at super welterweight. But he took some punishment, including a bloody nose during the middle rounds, before coming back to dish some out in the later rounds. "When you fight on pay per view, you have to give the fans what they want, and that's excitement," Mayweather said.

Mayweather entered the ring unbeaten in his 16-year pro career, and a 6-1 favorite to stay that way. The fighter who has become the biggest pay-per-view attraction in the sport padded his already thick wallet with the fight, but he was forced to earn every penny of it. The win gave Mayweather the 154-pound title held by Cotto, and assured him of still being a champion when he reports to jail June 1 for a sentence stemming from a domestic abuse case involving his former girlfriend and their children. "In life there's obstacles," Mayweather said. "When it comes to June 1, I have to accept it like a man."

Mayweather will be in jail when Manny Pacquiao fights in the same ring on June 9 at the MGM Grand against Timothy Bradley. Though boxing fans have clamored for a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, it has yet to be made -- and may never be made. That's partly because of Mayweather's insistence that Pacquiao submit to Olympic-style drug testing, though Pacquiao already has said he will do that. "I want to fight Pacquiao but he needs to take the tests before we make that fight," Mayweather said.

Cotto came out looking slow and overmatched in the first round, but quickly settled into a routine, attacking Mayweather from behind his left jab. But Mayweather got more aggressive coming out to start the fourth round, and landed a series of rights to the head that stunned Cotto and kept him from moving forward effectively. Mayweather fought good portions of the fight on the ropes, using them for leverage and counterpunching to Cotto's head when he opened up. He was not only quicker than Cotto, but more accurate, often landing in between Cotto's defenses.

"He's ready to quit," trainer Roger Mayweather told his nephew after the sixth round. But Cotto was relentless, coming forward and hitting Mayweather with good shots to the head. Toward the end of the eighth round he landed several punches to the head, prompting Mayweather to shake his head as if they didn't hurt, but by then Mayweather was bleeding from the nose and looked like he had taken some punishment.

Punch stats showed Mayweather landing 179 of 687 punches to 105 of 506 to Cotto. Cotto, who fell to 37-3, was guaranteed his biggest purse ever, $8 million.

Primetime MMA - victor - 09-05-2012

Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix 19 May: Strikeforce have announced the completed line-up for the Heavyweight Grand Prix finals on 19 May 2012. Primetime will be bringing you the complete line-up on the night on Sky channel 480 including all the preliminaries shown on Showtime Extreme in the USA.

The complete cards are as follows;

Main Card:

Josh Barnett vs Daniel Cormier

Heavyweight Grand Prix final

Gilbert Melendez © vs Josh Thomspon

Strikeforce Lightweight Title Fight

Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs Mike Kyle

Chris Spang vs Nah-Shon Burrell

Prelimnary Card:

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Virgil Zwicker vs Carlos Inocente

Gian Villante vs Derrick Mehman

Quinn Mulhern vs Yuvi Villefort

So make sure you join us at 1am on 19th May for 4 1/2 hours of nonstop MMA exclusively on Primetime.

Strikeforce event Barnett vs Cormier will be broadcast live at 1am on Saturday 19th May, and will be repeated for the following 6 days. Watch on Ch480 on Sky and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk – only £9.95!

RE: Primetime MMA - victor - 14-05-2012

Primetime are pleased to announce an exciting week of FREE MMA programming this very week as we build up to the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final : Barnett vs Cormier.

Monday 14/05/2012

19:00 - Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Fedor vs. Silva

Tuesday 15/05/2012

19:00 – Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Overeem vs. Werdum

Wednesday 16/05/2012

19:00 - Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov + Cormier vs Silva

Thursday 17/05/2012

19:00 - Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Fedor vs. Silva

Friday 18/05/2012

19:00 – Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Overeem vs. Werdum

Saturday 19/05/2012

22:00 - Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov + Cormier vs Silva

Strikeforce:Barnett vs Cormier will be broadcast live at 1am on Saturday 19th May, and will be repeated for the following 6 days. Watch on Ch480 on Sky and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk – only £9.95!

You can order the card for only £9.95 by calling 08712004444, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 24-05-2012

MANNY PACQUIAO CONFERENCE CALL TRANSCRIPT ALONG WITH TRAINER FREDDIE ROACH AND HALL OF FAME PROMOTER BOB ARUM AHEAD OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT WITH TIM BRADLEY ON 9 JUNE.

BOB ARUM: We are coming into the home stretch of this promotion. The western conference finals in the NBA are now set and you will see a great presence of this fight during the TNT telecasts. TNT is a great partner of ours. They had billboards on the broadcast of each of the (Monday) playoff games. We are really anticipating a tremendous push in the days and weeks ahead. The card is an outstanding card. In the main event we have the Congressman Manny Pacquiao defending his welterweight title against undefeated world champion Timothy Bradley and that fight speaks for itself. The popular Jorge Arce against Jesus Rojas, a top fighter from Puerto Rico. The IBF Welterweight championship with the undefeated No. 1 contender Mike Jones against hard punching former world champion and current No. 2 contender Randall Bailey; and finally the WBA Super Bantamweight Championship between former amateur world champion and current WBA world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux defending against young Teon Kennedy of Philadelphia who has 17 wins and only one defeat. A great card top to bottom and I am pleased that the star of the show, Manny Pacquiao, is here with us today.

MANNY PACQUIAO: Good morning everybody. Training is good and we are getting ready for the fight.

FREDDIE ROACH: We had a really great training camp the first 3 weeks in Baguiao – very successful – and the last 3 weeks here in LA has been great. Manny’s focus is the best I have ever seen. We are going against a tough opponent, a tough undefeated opponent in Bradley. I have watched a lot of tapes on him and have seen a lot of holes in his defense and we are going to take advantage of them.

Is Bradley’s style – leading with his head - a concern to you?

FREDDIE ROACH: Yes, Bradley does come in head first. We have been working on how to nullify that. We have a lefty fighting against a righty. The two heads may clash, that could happen and it’s something we have to be aware of and something we will be prepared for.

What is your take on the way you last fight with Marquez happened?

MANNY PACQUIAO: The fight was not that hard for me but I was having some family problems. I was in 100% physical condition for that fight against Marquez but I did have some family issues that I had to deal with. I also underestimated him.

FREDDIE ROACH: Marquez is always going to give Manny troubles. He is a very good boxer and very smart. We had a great training camp going into that fight but on the last week everything fell apart. The personal problems affected the fight and I don’t think Manny will let that happen again. All of the distractions around him caused him to fight poorly. He is very focused for this fight.

What has been the key to your success in moving up all these weight classes?

MANNY PACQUIAO: The fights are all different. It is not easy to move up in weight but I try my best. I have to work very hard to build up my strength and gain weight. I have to build up my stamina to maintain the added weight while preserving my speed and movement.

FREDDIE ROACH: That’s where the bigger challenges were – the bigger fights. We do have to feed Manny more than 5 protein shakes a day to keep the weight on. He performed very well in those weight classes. Moving up in weight classes was necessary because that’s where the challenges were. We needed to do that to be where he is today. Manny did well and we did it the right way with Alex Ariza with the diet and the protein shakes and it worked out well for all of us.

FACT: When Manny moved from lightweight to welterweight he was taking in up to 8,000 calories a day.

Could you elaborate on Manny’s focus for this fight?

FREDDIE ROACH: Yes, his focus is very good. We don’t have days where he comes in tired a so forth because he has no nightlife whatsoever, besides the bible study. He is very focused on the fight. He and God are very close right now and he is just a better athlete – with no distractions - yes.

Were you concerned that the same-sex marriage comments or non-comments would be a distraction?

FREDDIE ROACH: The thing is everyone has an opinion in life and we are all entitled to our opinions, but I see no problem whatsoever. TMZ was outside he gym for a couple of days and we pacified them and that was it.

Do you feel you need to match numbers with Mayweather?

BOB ARUM: We aim to get the biggest possible numbers that we can get. We operate a completely different model from Floyd’s model and whatever numbers he allegedly reached or didn’t reach is really not relevant to us. It varies from fight to fight. The Marquez numbers, from the Manny fight in November, are certainly much greater than Mayweather’s numbers with Ortiz. You also have to realize that Mayweather was fighting one of our great fighters, Miguel Cotto, who is the number 3 PPV attraction, who has gotten great numbers on his own. So you have to factor all of that in.

Did you expect the firestorm over the same-sex marriage statement you made?

MANNY PACQUIAO: Did I know that my answer on legalizing same-sex marriage would create controversy? Yes. It's a controversial issue. The reporter asked me about my stance on it and I answered his question. I am against legalizing same-sex marriage. That was all I said.

Will your commitment to religion reflect on your fighting in the ring?

MANNY PACQUIAO: When I committed my life to the lord I gave up many things that were not in keeping with what the Bible teaches. Boxing is a job and I do not look at it as anything more than that. It will not affect my job.

FREDDIE ROACH: No, Manny Pacquiao is fired up and ready to go. He is motivated. We have had great workouts and sparring sessions. We had four new sparring partners that came in for this camp. Everything is right where it is supposed to be.

BOB ARUM: From somebody who has visited the training camp a few times, the difference in Manny’s face is so apparent. He’s not as tired as he was and he’s not as worn as he was. There is a glow in his face. I think this religious awakening has been all good on his part. I am a little prejudiced because I am religious myself but I believe when young athletes find religion it will greatly enhance their careers.

Do you think we will see Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV?

BOB ARUM: Everything is on the table. Manny has this fight against Bradley. It’s a tough fight, and after the fight, as we always do, we’ll confer and decide on who the opponent will be and when the fight will take place. I haven’t discussed this with Manny because I never discuss future fights with a fight coming up. We’ll have plenty of time to discuss that and we also have a trip coming up with his family to Israel and we can discuss it then.

What aspect have you been working on to improve?

MANNY PACQUIAO: We work hard and we train hard every day to make sure we have a good fight for the fans on June 9.

FREDDIE ROACH: I have been watching Bradley a lot and he doesn’t rely very much on counter-punching. He is very offensive. He comes to fight which will make it a good fight for everybody. We have the game plan set after watching many, many tapes of Bradley. Manny should have a very good fight on June 9.

As a Congressman, do you come across trash talking?

MANNY PACQUIAO: I do not trash talk in boxing or in politics. I ignore trash talking directed at me. I don’t find it productive.

Are you the toughest public servant on the planet?

FREDDIE ROACH: That’s a stupid question.

MANNY PACQUIAO: It is hard to compare myself to other people.

What does Bradley do particularly well?

FREDDIE ROACH: He comes forward and is very aggressive. He is a well-conditioned athlete and we know we are in for a tough fight. Bradley is a good opponent.

Have you fought anyone strong like him before?

FREDDIE ROACH: No, because he is very strong and very muscular up top. I don’t think we have fought anybody that muscular. We have fought bigger ands stronger people, like Margarito and so forth. We have fought strong guys like him before, yes.

MANNY PACQUIAO: I agree with Freddie.

Do you feel Bradley will be in front of Manny?

FREDDIE ROACH: Yes, he will try to fight Manny. He will try to prove he is the better athlete – the better-conditioned athlete. We have a mover in camp so we are prepared if Bradley decides to move around, so we are prepared for anything he brings. It is my job to figure out what he may do differently. We make adjustments to prepare Manny for whatever may come. He’s ready for a boxer and I’m covering all my bases.

What is Manny’s advantage?

FREDDIE ROACH: Experience, speed and power. Experience is hard to deal with. Power will knock you out. Experience will make it a little easier for you.

MANNY PACQUIAO: Bradley is a different type of fighter and we don’t take this fight lightly. We have trained hard for Bradley because he is the type of fighter we cannot underestimate. Tim Bradley is undefeated and he is a champion.

MANNY PACQUIAO: I don’t know what Tim Bradley will bring in the ring on that night but we will be ready for whatever he brings. I know he will be 100% conditioned for the fight. We have practiced every kind of fight in the ring with four different sparring partners.

BOB ARUM: When you look at Manny’s opponents, the freshest guy he has fought will be Bradley. The others he has fought have been great names like Cotto, Margarito and De La Hoya and Hatton, but Bradley is not a great name but he is a great fighter and young and fresh. When you have a fresh fighter who has not taken a lot of punishment, he can be dangerous. The most important element with Bradley is his mind. He is a very, very determined young man. He is confident in his abilities and determined and that is a tremendous plus for any athlete. He feels as if his mind can take over. Some have doubts in their performance and it shows in up, whether it’s football, boxing or whatever.

It’s been a while since Manny has stopped anyone. Is he still the same fighter?

FREDDIE ROACH: I believe he is a better fighter now. He is more focused. If a knockout comes it will be a bonus. Bradley is a great fighter and he’ll be resilient, but I think you’ll see the best Manny Pacquiao yet.

MANNY PACQUIAO: I am doing my best in training. I stay focused and work hard to give a good fight.

MANNY PACQUIAO: My final words are I would like to invite everybody to watch my fight on June 9. It will be a good fight and there will be a lot of boxing in the ring. Thanks to everyone that was involved in the teleconference today and have a nice day.

BOB ARUM: I would like to see as many of you as possible in Indio on Thursday at Bradley’s workout. There are buses leaving from Los Angeles and Las Vegas. I’ll be there and am anxious to see him train and I know most of you are. I think it’s going to be a great fight – something special. Another thing that is special is the bible study that Manny participates in. Tonight in Manny’s apartment, we are going to shoot the bible study that many has been participating in and make it into a program which we will distribute. When an athlete has a religious experience it is a great thing and I want to show it to as many people as possible.

Join us on 9th June for yet another night of epic World Championship boxing, only on Primetime.

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 25-05-2012

‘Born Again’ Pacquiao vows to dazzle live on Primetime (Sky Channel 480)

LONDON (24 May 2012) - Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao has experienced a religious awakening in recent months but he knows his new found pacifism cannot be carried into the ring when he faces the undefeated three-time world Timothy Bradley on Saturday June 9th, live on Primetime (Sky Channel 480 and Virgin on Demand).

The reigning WBO welterweight world champion is keen to impress but he knows he will have his work cut out against the young and hungry Bradley who cleaned up the 140lb division before now moving up in weight to face the legendary Pacquiao.

Following a close points decision win against his nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez last November, ‘Pacman’ is refusing to take his foot of the gas against the skilled Bradley.

“I don’t know what Tim Bradley will bring in the ring on that night but we will be ready for whatever he brings. I know he will be 100% conditioned for the fight. We have practiced every kind of fight in the ring with four different sparring partners,” said Pacquiao.

“Bradley is a different type of fighter [to Marquez] and we don’t take this fight lightly. We have trained hard for Bradley because he is the type of fighter we cannot underestimate. Tim Bradley is undefeated and he is a champion,” he said.

Pacquiao’s life outside the ring has recently undergone a transformation with the eight-time world champion now frequently left spending his free time reading the Bible whenever he is not training, or fulfilling his role as a Congressman in the Philippines.

However, he is adamant that his new devout lifestyle will not get in the way when he faces off at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on June 9th.

“When I committed my life to the Lord I gave up many things that were not in keeping with what the Bible teaches. Boxing is a job and I do not look at it as anything more than that. It will not affect my job,” he said.

Pacquiao’s well renowned trainer Freddie Roach agrees and thinks that his new found piety can only help his prodigy.

“Manny’s focus is very good,” said Roach. “We don’t have days where he comes in tired and so forth because he has no nightlife whatsoever, besides the bible study. He is very focused on the fight. He and God are very close right now and he is just a better athlete – with no distractions,” he said.

Speaking about fight night, Roach added: “If a knockout comes it will be a bonus. Bradley is a great fighter and he’ll be resilient, but I think you’ll see the best Manny Pacquiao yet.”

In what is set to be one of the best fights of the year, Manny Pacquiao vs. Tim Bradley will be broadcast live and exclusive in the UK on Primetime (Sky Channel 480 and Virgin on Demand) for £14.95.

Pacquiao vs Bradley will be shown on Primetime, Channel 480 on Sky and Virgin On Demand, on Saturday night 9th June (Sunday Morning) for only £14.95.

To order call 0871 200 4444, Virgin customers go to On Demand > Pay Per View > Live events. Or go online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 31-05-2012

Ricky Hatton predicts ‘exciting’ dustup as he headlines Primetime’s coverage of Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley

LONDON (29 May 2012) - British boxing legend Ricky Hatton will be on hand to share his thoughts during Primetime’s exclusive coverage of Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley on Saturday June 9th, live on Primetime (Channel 480 on Sky and Virgin on Demand).

Hatton will be joined in the studio alongside the ever entertaining Steve Bunce and fight game expert Ronald McIntosh. All three are sure to provide a unique and in-depth analysis ahead of what is set to be a great night of boxing from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Two-time world champion, Hatton, has been in with the very best and knows better than anyone what Bradley is up against when he takes on Pacquiao having faced, and lost, against the diminutive Filipino himself in 2009.

However, the ‘Hitman’ believes that Bradley has all the tools to make it a tough night for the reigning WBO welterweight world champion and thinks we may be in for something very special when the two go head-to-head.

“Manny Pacquiao is the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world and he goes into this fight as the favourite but Timothy Bradley is a very slick and tidy boxer so this isn’t going to be an easy fight for him.

“Against Junior Witter we saw how well schooled Bradley was and how he was able to figure out his style so quickly so I think he will cause Pacquiao some problems,” said Hatton.

“I think style wise this could be an even better matchup than the recent fight between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto. Mayweather is exceptional defensively and makes you miss but Pacquiao is a lot more exciting and when you put him in with Bradley style wise it makes for a great fight,” he said.

Hatton believes that Bradley’s ability to adjust is what is going to make the fight a difficult one for the world champion, especially if the American is able to show the same counter punching skills that Juan Manuel Marquez did in his close points decision loss to Pacquiao last November.

“Manny needs to come back with a big performance after the fight with Marquez which many thought he lost, myself included,” he said.

“Fighters who have a good defence and are counter punchers are those that have caused Manny the most problems. I think Bradley is going to use his boxing ability and box on the back foot and that’s where he’s going to cause Manny a few problems,” Hatton said.

“Bradley will need to have more than just one game plan going into this fight. Everyone is expecting Manny Pacquiao to blast Bradley out but I don’t think it will be easy. I expect Manny to win but it will be an exciting fight,” he added.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley will be shown live on Primetime, Channel 480 on Sky and Virgin On Demand, on 10th June at 2am for only £14.95.

To order call 0871 200 4444, Virgin customers go to On Demand > Pay Per View > Live events. Or go online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

RE: Primetime Boxing - victor - 03-06-2012

24/7: Pacquiao vs Bradley Special On 5USA

WBO Welterweight Title

When: 9th June Live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas

What: Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley

Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

As the anticipated Pacquiao vs Bradley Pay-Per-View draws near, UK fans will be able to catch up with the recent comings and goings of the camps with a 1 ½ hour special airing on 5USA.

Boxing Special: Pacquiao vs Bradley will be shown on 5USA and will be a highlighted version of HBO’s 24/7. The acclaimed 24/7 series allows fans to follow the preparations of both fighters ahead of the June 9th fight. Manny Pacquiao will be returning to 24/7 and you can follow his training regime in the Philippines and see how his faith impacts his life as a fighter.

Sharing the spotlight is the undefeated WBO Light Welterweight Champion Timothy Bradley. Coming from the side of Palm Springs we don’t usually see, 24/7 profiles Bradley’s route to the biggest fight of his career. Still training in the same camp with trusted personnel, Bradley hasn’t made any changes ahead of the biggest fight of his career. Will it be enough?

The first three episodes of 24/7: Pacquiao vs Bradley will be shown in a special 1 ½ hour programme on 5 USA at 11.35pm on Friday 8th June before the 4th and final episode is premiered exclusively on Primetime in the build up to the Pacquiao vs Bradley Pay-Per-View spectacular on fight night 9th June.

Including three huge undercard fights, the Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley event promises to be the best value Pay Per View buy of the year and you can catch all the action exclusively on Primetime!

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.